Building a sustainable future starts with establishing a strong foundation
Erecting skyscrapers in the Manhattan skyline, single family homes in the suburbs, or renovating an existing structure all have one thing in common – they’re high risk activities that demand a strong risk management foundation and affordable construction insurance to build a sustainable future. Construction insurance is a crucial aspect of any construction project because it protects both the contractor and the property owner from potential financial losses due to accidents, injuries, or damage to the property.
As a construction specialist, you understand that working on commercial, residential, and municipal projects are complex, competitive, potentially dangerous, and heavily regulated operations. Let’s work together to access the nation’s leading commercial insurance carriers and design a tailored construction insurance policy fit for your unique risk.
We are experienced with finding affordable construction insurance solutions that protect:
- General contractors
- Subcontractors/specialty trade contractors
- Professional construction services firms
- Developers and owners
Construction insurance policies can offer solutions for specialty professions such as:
- Interior construction workers
There are several types of construction insurance that can be tailored to the specific needs of a project. Some of the most common types include general liability insurance, which covers third-party claims of bodily injury or property damage; workers’ compensation insurance, which covers injuries to employees; and builders risk insurance, which covers damage to the property during the construction process.
- General Liability – this policy guards the business from legal issues which may occur due to accidents or client claims of carelessness with their assets
- Commercial Auto Insurance – comprehensive coverage for both long and short trips, towing, transportation of material, property damage, and claims of bodily injury to drivers or physical damage to automobiles.
- Workers’ compensation – protect your employees who sustain injuries or illnesses while on the job
- Professional Liability – safeguard your firm against claims of errors, omission or negligence that are costly and can damage your reputation or business in the eyes of the public
- Construction Defect – guard against claims of negligence that occur when construction is complete
- Environmental Insurance – with the best of intentions, sometimes environmental incidents occur during the handling and disposal of hazardous waste or materials resulting in costly pollution litigation
- Inland Marine Exposures – protection for often expensive and hard to replace contractor’s equipment, tools, materials, and cargo
- Builder’s Risk – protection for failures in design, planning, workmanship, and materials that can lead to costly property losses from fire, water damage, explosions, wear and tear, or other unexpected occurrences
Having the right insurance in place can mean the difference between a successful project and a financial disaster. It’s important to work with an experienced insurance broker who can help you understand the various options and choose the coverage that’s right for your project. Let’s work together and find solutions that:
- Reduce workers’ compensation claim costs and total premium rates
- Correctly apply your experience modification rate to help control your premium rates and maintain your prequalification status
- Protect against costly general, commercial, professional, and other liability claims – frivolous or not
- Proactively adhere to your performance, payment and other bond requirements
From finding affordable construction insurance to certificate of insurance (COI) management solutions, let us help you build the future and develop construction insurance, risk mitigation, and surety solutions that empower you through peace of mind.
Contact ZRM Brokerage to start a conversation.